advanced configuration ? is it possible ?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Maciej_Pobudkiewicz
Posted On:   Thursday, May 8, 2008 08:40 AM

Hi, i've encountered a problem, and i wonder, if what i want to achieve is possible. So, i keep images / other files in Oracle database. when request is made to show a picture / pdf / whatever, tomcat checkes if file exists in filesystem. if it doesnt, tomcat loads file from DB, serves it and saves it. so, when another request is made to same resource, i dont need DB anymore. and the problem is here - when i have really large files, like 20 MB, and many request made at the same time, my tomcat stucks. is there any possibility, that when a request is made, apache is first to check if file exist, and if it doesnt, request is 'forwarded' to tomcat ? any suggestions would be apprec   More>>

Hi, i've encountered a problem, and i wonder, if what i want to achieve is possible.

So,
i keep images / other files in Oracle database.
when request is made to show a picture / pdf / whatever, tomcat checkes if file exists in filesystem.
if it doesnt, tomcat loads file from DB, serves it and saves it.

so, when another request is made to same resource, i dont need DB anymore.

and the problem is here - when i have really large files, like 20 MB, and many request made at the same time, my tomcat stucks.

is there any possibility, that when a request is made, apache is first to check if file exist, and if it doesnt, request is 'forwarded' to tomcat ?

any suggestions would be appreciated.

<<Less

Re: advanced configuration ? is it possible ?

Posted By:   Stephen_McConnell  
Posted On:   Friday, May 9, 2008 09:40 AM

It may not be Tomcat that sucks, but your database access. If you have a lot of hits on a DB and pull large BLOBS from it, that database is cranking like a .....

You might run a profile on it.

Stephen McConnell

About | Sitemap | Contact