Using lucene to index pdf's
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sakina_Karachiwala
Posted On:   Friday, April 25, 2008 02:15 PM

Hi - I am trying to use LucenePDFDocument to index a pdf file. I keep getting a nosuchMethod Error - and the add method is hi-lighted. I am using Lucene 2.3.1 and PDfBox 0.7.3. I also added the document.add(Field field) method to LucenePDFDocument in PDFBox - recompiled it. In addition I also added an extra parameter in the field that was being passed - (only 4 were being passed, but the constructer for Field accepts either 5 or 2) I am Still getting this error. Please help. Do you know of another way that lucene can index pdf files? Also will it index the whole file or only the "text" part - some parts of the file are scanned    More>>

Hi - I am trying to use LucenePDFDocument to index a pdf file. I keep getting a nosuchMethod Error - and the add method is hi-lighted.

I am using Lucene 2.3.1 and PDfBox 0.7.3. I also added the document.add(Field field) method to LucenePDFDocument in PDFBox - recompiled it. In addition I also added an extra parameter in the field that was being passed - (only 4 were being passed, but the constructer for Field accepts either 5 or 2)

I am Still getting this error.

Please help.

Do you know of another way that lucene can index pdf files? Also will it index the whole file or only the "text" part - some parts of the file are scanned

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact