How to use Microsoft SQL Server as the back-end for Java Servlets?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Swati_Sahu
Posted On:   Thursday, April 17, 2008 01:36 PM

Hello everyone. I am new to java servlets and need your help. I am using Apache Tomcat 6.0 and JDK 6. I want to use SQL Server 2005 as my back-end tool. Can anyone of you please tell me what kind of steps are required to be followed in order to connect with SQL Server. Also i want to know what kind of environment variables should be set and where are the .jar files located in the SQL Server installation directory ? I have already run basic servlets successfully which do not require any database, but now facing difficulty in establishing connection between servlets and SQL Server. Please help me as soon as possible as i m beginner in this field.
Thanks in advance..

Re: How to use Microsoft SQL Server as the back-end for Java Servlets?

Posted By:   Stephen_McConnell  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 17, 2008 04:55 PM

What you need to do is study the JDBC connection tutorials on the Sun site JDBC Tutorial. This will help you a lot.

JDBC is the basic way that Java connects with a database. It's similar to the ODBC and ADO connections you use in Visual Basic or C++....

Using the correct driver... (there is a list of drivers in the tutorial for each database), you can connect and manipulate any relational database.

Good Luck.

Stephen McConnell

About | Sitemap | Contact