dcsimg
Custom validator for h:selectOneMenu
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Joe_Greene
Posted On:   Monday, April 14, 2008 12:59 PM

Hello - I'm using facelets with Seam, Richfaces, and ajax4jsf, and I have an validate method gets invoked on form submission like it should, but all that happens is that the ValidatorException is thrown, and I get its stack trace on the app server console, but I get no message on the page like I do with my other required fields (which are mainly I also registered the validator in the faces-config.xml file as all the examples show. Here's the facelet markup for the component: Here's the faces-config.xml entry: selectOneMenuRequiredValidator jmat.utils.validation.SelectOneMenuRequiredValidator So,    More>>

Hello -

I'm using facelets with Seam, Richfaces, and ajax4jsf, and I have an validate method gets invoked on form submission like it should, but all that happens is that the ValidatorException is thrown, and I get its stack trace on the app server console, but I get no message on the page like I do with my other required fields (which are mainly

I also registered the validator in the faces-config.xml file as all the examples show.

Here's the facelet markup for the component:

Here's the faces-config.xml entry:

selectOneMenuRequiredValidator
jmat.utils.validation.SelectOneMenuRequiredValidator

So, to summarize, I think I've done everything all the examples show, but when there is no entry selected for the "State" drop-down, the validation fails as it should, but the stack trace just dumps to my console with the message I created, but the message does not show up on the page with the other messages. I'm using

- Joe

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact