Sending mail while disconnected from network
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, April 3, 2008 06:27 AM

Hi All, Posting again as my previous post was not that clear. We have a Desktop Application in which we will send few emails when ever user does some activity.We are using a open relay mail server at our side and configured the same in this application to send those mails. As this is a desktop application user may not be connected to internet all the time that he uses the application.All the users are configured to their outlook to use the mailing services. Now we have requirement that we need to send the emails even when the user is disconnected from network. As a java programmer i know that it's not possible to send the mails if the smtp host is not reachable. I am thinking of an alternative like some how   More>>

Hi All,

Posting again as my previous post was not that clear.

We have a Desktop Application in which we will send few emails when ever user does some activity.We are using a open relay mail server at our side and configured the same in this application to send those mails. As this is a desktop application user may not be connected to internet all the time that he uses the application.All the users are configured to their outlook to use the mailing services.

Now we have requirement that we need to send the emails even when the user is disconnected from network. As a java programmer i know that it's not possible to send the mails if the smtp host is not reachable. I am thinking of an alternative like some how if we can QUEUE the mail into the users outbox of his outlook when user is disconnected. So that when user is connected to internet all the mails will be delivered with out a fail.

But I am not sure how to do this. Please help me if we can do this or any other alternative.

Regards,

Krishal.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact