Printing PCL file direct to printer, using javax.print
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Darren_Stratford
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 26, 2008 12:21 AM

I have a situation and keep coming up blanks so trying a forum or 2 before having to move off java into something else and/or possibly getting a consultant to do the work. I need to be able to do the following: 1 - pick up a file 2 - communicate with printer to determine if available (Ready/Sleeping/offline/paper out, etc) 3 - print file to designated printer without user interaction, the printer queue will eventually come from a table or array. 4 - determine and take appropriate recorse action if printer failed to print (ie: move to retry area or try another printer, email user and store file etc) Step 2 could be removed if step 4 can appropriately detect failed prin   More>>

I have a situation and keep coming up blanks so trying a forum or 2 before having to move off java into something else and/or possibly getting a consultant to do the work.

I need to be able to do the following:

1 - pick up a file

2 - communicate with printer to determine if available (Ready/Sleeping/offline/paper out, etc)

3 - print file to designated printer without user interaction, the printer queue will eventually come from a table or array.

4 - determine and take appropriate recorse action if printer failed to print (ie: move to retry area or try another printer, email user and store file etc) Step 2 could be removed if step 4 can appropriately detect failed prints casue by paper out etc.

I am having trouble trying to declare the queue explicitly, + print + monitor.

I have trawled the net and trying to cobble something together and finding my brain going to mush.
I am new to java, and the object oriented methodology.
This will be included or utilised in Sun application called JCAPS/eGate that utilises JAVA in its core programming.

I apologise if I have posted to wrong forum, but hope that I can get some advice and assistance. Or even redirection to which forum this should be posted.

I have tried the tutorials but find I cant put it together in a manner that I need to.

I can provide further details if requried. Why how, etc..

D.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact