dcsimg
Creating threads in Metro/JAX-WS?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, January 24, 2008 08:48 AM

Hi, I have a working web service server running, and I need to create a couple threads on it to control some database jobs. So, to test it I did that: - Created a singleton to control thread access. When the singleton instance is created, i create the threads and run start() on them. - The web services invoke some thread methods through the singleton, to let the threads know there's work to do. It works fine so far. My problem is: the threads' run() methods are never invoked. start() is invoked, the methods called by the web services are, but no run(). Does anyone has an idea what can be happening? Shouldn't the JVM take care of this? Thanks for your help.    More>>

Hi,

I have a working web service server running, and I need to create a couple threads on it to control some database jobs. So, to test it I did that:

- Created a singleton to control thread access. When the singleton instance is created, i create the threads and run start() on them.

- The web services invoke some thread methods through the singleton, to let the threads know there's work to do. It works fine so far.

My problem is: the threads' run() methods are never invoked. start() is invoked, the methods called by the web services are, but no run(). Does anyone has an idea what can be happening? Shouldn't the JVM take care of this?

Thanks for your help.

PS: I'm using compliance to Java 5.0, and for debug purposes the web service is running on Jetty.

PS2: sorry for double-posting it on different forums, i didn't know where exactly to put this, since there's no Metro/JAX forum.

<<Less

Re: Creating threads in Metro/JAX-WS?

Posted By:   Edward_Harned  
Posted On:   Friday, January 25, 2008 09:40 AM

Without seeing some code, there is nothing I can do.

Generally application servers do not permit applications to run their own threads. The application servers handle threading issues internally.

About | Sitemap | Contact