Parameterized query error in query editor
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   John_Smith
Posted On:   Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:10 PM

Hi, I am using Netbeans 6.0 with Microsoft SQL 2005 and having trouble executing parameterised queries. I tried both MicrosoftÂ’s JDBC and JTDS and both of them behave the same. I design the query in query editor and when I run the query in the query editor, it runs OK if I do not give any parameters. But If I specify a parameter, it gives error (after I enter the parameter in the pop-up window). Please also note that the query also fails in the actual program. Below is a sample basic query that does not work: SELECT ALL dbo.Contacts.ContactID, dbo.Contacts.Display FROM dbo.Contacts WHERE dbo.Contacts.ContactID = ? However, If I specify the query as:    More>>

Hi,

I am using Netbeans 6.0 with Microsoft SQL 2005 and having trouble executing parameterised queries.

I tried both MicrosoftÂ’s JDBC and JTDS and both of them behave the same. I design the query in query editor and when I run the query in the query editor, it runs OK if I do not give any parameters. But If I specify a parameter, it gives error (after I enter the parameter in the pop-up window). Please also note that the query also fails in the actual program. Below is a sample basic query that does not work:

SELECT ALL dbo.Contacts.ContactID,
dbo.Contacts.Display
FROM dbo.Contacts
WHERE dbo.Contacts.ContactID = ?

However, If I specify the query as:

SELECT ALL dbo.Contacts.ContactID,
dbo.Contacts.Display
FROM dbo.Contacts
WHERE dbo.Contacts.ContactID = 3

It runs OK.

The error messages I get are (with two different drivers):

jtds-1.2.2:

Unable to convert value to NULL

sqljdbc_1.2:

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException:There is no metadata.

The same query runs successfully in SQL 2005 Management Studio Query Editor is:

SELECT ContactID, Display
FROM Contacts
WHERE (ContactID = @Param1)

If I use the default database (Travel) and the driver (Derby) comes in Netbeans, the parameterised query below also runs successfully:

SELECT ALL TRAVEL.PERSON.PERSONID,
TRAVEL.PERSON.NAME
FROM TRAVEL.PERSON
WHERE TRAVEL.PERSON.PERSONID = ?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact