Searching a String in a Class for find a word!
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ryan_Giggs
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 11, 2007 07:39 PM

hey, ive got a problem, i have a server(Broadcast) and a client(MulticastSender) speaking to each other (multicasting) and then once the server has started i can also run a class(DeviceA) from a separate command prompt which connects to and talks to the server also right? what i want to do is to search that class for a string from the client by just stating a keyword such as chocalate for instance! i want to search it by on the commmand-line to type in (with the class running) java MulticastSender chocalate the server should then receive a string from the device and search these strings for the word that was entered on the command line. then i want it to print out a relevant message: either to   More>>

hey,
ive got a problem, i have a server(Broadcast) and a client(MulticastSender) speaking to each other (multicasting) and then once the server has started i can also run a class(DeviceA) from a separate command prompt which connects to and talks to the server also right? what i want to do is to search that class for a string from the client by just stating a keyword such as chocalate for instance!

i want to search it by on the commmand-line to type in (with the class running)

java MulticastSender chocalate

the server should then receive a string from the device and search these strings for the word that was entered on the command line. then i want it to print out a relevant message: either to say its found it or not.
how would i go about doing this, im assuming i will need to use substring in some way, im abit confused? i hope u understand what im trying to get across? Thanks for any help!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact