Log4J seems to block up to a certain size in a specific context
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   echataig_echataig
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 27, 2007 03:11 PM

The problem is quite strange : I have a web application running on Tomcat, which runs an asynchronous process (JAVA application), on the same LINUX environment. Both are using Log4J, but each in their own context (own library, own log files). - Under Windows => no pb - Under Linux, when I replace the webapp by another Java appli => no pb - Under Linux with the webapp, logs are well initialized, about 10 lines are writen, and then the process is in a sort of pending state, and never terminate. I don't understand what happened. Have you any idea to help me? Thx in advance FYI, here is my configuration (but I don't pb is   More>>

The problem is quite strange :

I have a web application running on Tomcat, which runs an asynchronous process (JAVA application), on the same LINUX environment.

Both are using Log4J, but each in their own context (own library, own log files).

- Under Windows => no pb

- Under Linux, when I replace the webapp by another Java appli => no pb

- Under Linux with the webapp, logs are well initialized, about 10 lines are writen, and then the process is in a sort of pending state, and never terminate.

I don't understand what happened. Have you any idea to help me?

Thx in advance

FYI, here is my configuration (but I don't pb is from there) :

# info

log4j.appender.infoAppender = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender

log4j.appender.infoAppender.File = /var/out/log/log.tmp

log4j.appender.infoAppender.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.infoAppender.layout.ConversionPattern = %d{dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss.SSS} %m%n

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact