dcsimg
log4j not writing logs in unix
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   raj_raj
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 16, 2007 03:41 AM

Hi, I copied the commons-logging-1.1 and log4j-1.2.14 into /apache-tomcat-4.1.36/common/lib and placed log4j.xml in /apache-tomcat-4.1.36/common/classes. There was no problem in writing logs at tomcat level. I also copied the commons-logging-1.1 and log4j-1.2.14 into /apache-tomcat-4.1.36/webapps/MyWebApp/WEB-INF/lib and i put log4j.xml in /apache-tomcat-4.1.36/webapps/MyWebApp/WEB-INF/classes. It was working fine and loging perfectly in windows environment, but when I deploy my application into unix environment its not writing any logs at web application level. Please help me... Regards Raj    More>>

Hi,

I copied the commons-logging-1.1 and log4j-1.2.14 into /apache-tomcat-4.1.36/common/lib
and placed log4j.xml in /apache-tomcat-4.1.36/common/classes.

There was no problem in writing logs at tomcat level.

I also copied the commons-logging-1.1 and log4j-1.2.14 into /apache-tomcat-4.1.36/webapps/MyWebApp/WEB-INF/lib and i put log4j.xml in /apache-tomcat-4.1.36/webapps/MyWebApp/WEB-INF/classes.

It was working fine and loging perfectly in windows environment, but when I deploy my application into unix environment its not writing any logs at web application level.

Please help me...

Regards
Raj

<<Less

Re: log4j not writing logs in unix

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 16, 2007 09:34 AM

Any time you say "UNIX" and "not writing files" it probably owes to being a user/file permissions issue. I can't help you sort that out w/o knowing more about the server than I care to. You'll need to get with the admin of that system to get it worked out.
About | Sitemap | Contact