dcsimg
Using Java Mail to send bulk emails
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shyamsunder_Mutcha
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 10, 2007 04:49 PM

I have a requirement to send a common email to 20000 users from our application. I want to schedule a batch that reads the user email id from a file/table and sends the email. As my email content follows a template in which I will fill in employee name and other details, is it possible to do some thing like "mail merge" in Java. So this way instead of sending same mail content one by one to the SMTP server, I will hand over the email template and lis to mail ids. What is the maximum numbers mails that a SMTP server handle in production? I know this depends on your server capacity. But I just want to know from your experience. Is there any way to track whether the email is sent successfuly other than catc   More>>

I have a requirement to send a common email to 20000 users from our application. I want to schedule a batch that reads the user email id from a file/table and sends the email.

As my email content follows a template in which I will fill in employee name and other details, is it possible to do some thing like "mail merge" in Java.

So this way instead of sending same mail content one by one to the SMTP server, I will hand over the email template and lis to mail ids.

What is the maximum numbers mails that a SMTP server handle in production? I know this depends on your server capacity. But I just want to know from your experience.

Is there any way to track whether the email is sent successfuly other than catching the exception.

Is there any open source library that handles the bulk emailing.

Thanks

<<Less

Re: Using Java Mail to send bulk emails

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 10, 2007 08:12 PM

I'll cop to the fact that its entirely possible. I could probably write production-level solution for that in an afternoon. But the problem is that I already get enough "bulk mail", thanks ... so on philosophical grounds, you won't get too much help here.
About | Sitemap | Contact