RECENT Java on the AS/400
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Stephen_McConnell
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:56 PM

I'm back after 3 years of laying off programming. I missed it a lot. But I recently got a gig doing RPG programming on the AS/400, so I'm learning AS/400 (a nifty machine) AND RPG (again). Anyway, Java was a "big" thing on the AS/400 when my candle burned out a couple of years back... But looking through the literature and books on Java on the AS/400 there's not much out since 2003!!!! Is Java that dead on the AS/400? I'd be interested to hear from some folks that are actually doing AS/400 Java programming. Thanks... It's good to be back developing again (Even if it is in RPG...)    More>>

I'm back after 3 years of laying off programming. I missed it a lot. But I recently got a gig doing RPG programming on the AS/400, so I'm learning AS/400 (a nifty machine) AND RPG (again).

Anyway, Java was a "big" thing on the AS/400 when my candle burned out a couple of years back... But looking through the literature and books on Java on the AS/400 there's not much out since 2003!!!!

Is Java that dead on the AS/400?

I'd be interested to hear from some folks that are actually doing AS/400 Java programming.

Thanks... It's good to be back developing again (Even if it is in RPG...)

<<Less

Re: RECENT Java on the AS/400

Posted By:   Stephen_McConnell  
Posted On:   Monday, October 1, 2007 06:57 PM

I guess there aren't any people programming java on the AS/400. Or people don't care to answer. This is so sad.
About | Sitemap | Contact