Accessing Camera, taking images and applying Image Processing on it !!! NEED HELP URGENTLY !!!
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mubin_Khan
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 1, 2007 11:55 AM

Hello everyone, Well I'm a newbie to this J2ME thing, I am working on a project right now which requires me to develop an application for my mobile phone Sony Ericsson W810i. This application accesses the on board camera and take images after every 1 sec and keep on saving the last 2 images in 2 different files or buffers. Once the images are obtained, Sobel Filter (Image processing) is applied on it for edge detection. Can anyone please help me with this all, I am really desperate and time is running out. At the moment, I found this code on Sony Ericsson Developer forums which works perfectly fine with my W810i, the link to the code is as follows, http://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/techsupport/tipstri   More>>

Hello everyone,

Well I'm a newbie to this J2ME thing, I am working on a project right now which requires me to develop an application for my mobile phone Sony Ericsson W810i. This application accesses the on board camera and take images after every 1 sec and keep on saving the last 2 images in 2 different files or buffers. Once the images are obtained, Sobel Filter (Image processing) is applied on it for edge detection. Can anyone please help me with this all, I am really desperate and time is running out.

At the moment, I found this code on Sony Ericsson Developer forums which works perfectly fine with my W810i, the link to the code is as follows,

http://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/techsupport/tipstrickscode/java/p_java_0403.jsp

Well this takes one image and shows it on the canvas, however I am still trying to figure out a way to remove the question it asks whenever i press the button SNAPSHOT, it asks "Do u want to allow the application to access Camera?", is there a way to remove this as well. Please let me know.
Last thing, the getSnapshot is used as vc.getSnapshot(null), i read and changed it to vc.getSnapshot("encoding=jpeg");

This works fine with my mobile as well, but now i cant find any help on how to apply image processing on this encoded jpeg !!! Well please reply, as much as u know, u dun have to answer all the questions, any information regarding this is helpful, I'll be extremely grateful !!!

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Mubin Khan

<<Less

Re: Accessing Camera, taking images and applying Image Processing on it !!! NEED HELP URGENTLY !!!

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Saturday, August 11, 2007 01:07 PM

Hi Mubin Khan

I am Sriker and looking for job.I have done my academic project on the related topic.

You can automate the camera using JMF(java media framework)

The snapshots taken can be converted into jpeg. You can automate the camera with JMF.Also u can specify camera to take snapshots at regular intervals.

Hope i could have given bit information.

Re: Accessing Camera, taking images and applying Image Processing on it !!! NEED HELP URGENTLY !!!

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 8, 2007 06:46 AM

How to remove the question it asks whenever i press the button SNAPSHOT?

Ans: Go to application setting of ur application.

Go to multimedia access.(ie. for music and camera access)

Set the property as Ask only once.

how to apply image processing on this encoded jpeg?

Ans:

Better u keep it as vc.getSnapshot(null);

because 880i support "png" format otherwise check for "gif", i don no whether it support "gif". I ve checked it on SE550 and its working fine for "png" at least.

Regards

Guru
About | Sitemap | Contact