dcsimg
uploading a file to a host using RMI callback
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jorge_Olmedo
Posted On:   Friday, May 25, 2007 02:40 PM

Hi, everyone. I'm trying to upload a file from a client to a server. The thing is that I want to use RMI callback, so, following, I think, the standards for RMI application design, I create a ServerRemote Interface and attached to this a register method. Therefore, client calls this method and so... The big deal comes now> I want to upload a file which exists in the client side. So, reading a while, I found RMI callbacks and decide its a good chance to attack the challenge. I declared an interface in the client side (that which serves as a stub to the RMI server) and place a method loadFile() that server must call in order to upload the file indeed. But something happens, and I think it's a problem of location: I know that when a client calls a method, the stubs   More>>

Hi, everyone. I'm trying to upload a file from a client to a server. The thing is that I want to use RMI callback, so, following, I think, the standards for RMI application design, I create a ServerRemote Interface and attached to this a register method. Therefore, client calls this method and so... The big deal comes now> I want to upload a file which exists in the client side. So, reading a while, I found RMI callbacks and decide its a good chance to attack the challenge. I declared an interface in the client side (that which serves as a stub to the RMI server) and place a method loadFile() that server must call in order to upload the file indeed. But something happens, and I think it's a problem of location: I know that when a client calls a method, the stubs method called runs in the client's JVM. Something like this happens when I use callback_ I mean, only the stub of the client located at server side, runs in the server's JVM? SOmeone can explain me and give me a little light on this subject?

Thanks for your time.
Jorge Olmedo.
:-)))

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact