dcsimg
NullPointerException while using pre-compiled jsp files in a jar file
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Brad_Williams
Posted On:   Monday, March 5, 2007 10:31 AM

I use a third party set of pre-compiled JSP files that are delivered via a jar file. I have created all of the necessary web.xml servlet and servlet-mapping entries. I launch Tomcat from within Eclipse (using the Sysdeo plugin), and when I try and access the Application, I get hit with NullPointerExceptions from the precompiled JSP files. Here is what I have tried: If I war everything up myself and drop it into Tomcat, the application runs successfully. If I take the uncompiled JSP files and place them into my WebRoot, remove all of the entries from web.xml, and launch Tomcat from inside eclipse, the Application runs successfully. I have tried everything I can think of to get this to work, within Eclipse, with the prec   More>>

I use a third party set of pre-compiled JSP files that are delivered via a jar file. I have created all of the necessary web.xml servlet and servlet-mapping entries. I launch Tomcat from within Eclipse (using the Sysdeo plugin), and when I try and access the Application, I get hit with NullPointerExceptions from the precompiled JSP files.

Here is what I have tried:
If I war everything up myself and drop it into Tomcat, the application runs successfully.

If I take the uncompiled JSP files and place them into my WebRoot, remove all of the entries from web.xml, and launch Tomcat from inside eclipse, the Application runs successfully.

I have tried everything I can think of to get this to work, within Eclipse, with the precompiled jar file with no success.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

<<Less

Re: NullPointerException while using pre-compiled jsp files in a jar file

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:45 AM

well, what are the NullPointerExceptions complaining about, specifically? maybe some resources that can't be found due to path differences when you run from the jar instead of from Tomcat's own work dir, etc.?
About | Sitemap | Contact