dcsimg
Internet Control Using Sockets
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   elroy_dsilva
Posted On:   Thursday, February 1, 2007 05:08 AM

Hi. I'm an engineering student and i'm working on my project titled 'Internet Access Control' for our college. Our college has a server connected to our network lab where internet is accessed. I'm using sockets programming and i would be glad if you tell me which classes i have to use along with the addressing considerations. The aim is to have the user (student) log in and the user can have access to internet only for a fixed amount of time. The server should maintain login information and keep a watch on the time for which the user has accessed the net. I mainly need to know about how the program can know that Internet service has been started and ended, how should it do it? Thanks.. This topic has no replies.    More>>

Hi.
I'm an engineering student and i'm working on my project titled 'Internet Access Control' for our college. Our college has a server connected to our network lab where internet is accessed. I'm using sockets programming and i would be glad if you tell me which classes i have to use along with the addressing considerations. The aim is to have the user (student) log in and the user can have access to internet only for a fixed amount of time. The server should maintain login information and keep a watch on the time for which the user has accessed the net. I mainly need to know about how the program can know that Internet service has been started and ended, how should it do it?
Thanks..

This topic has no replies.

<<Less

Re: Internet Control Using Sockets

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Thursday, February 1, 2007 08:51 AM

Controlling whether a given user (really, machine address) can get to the internet is something you attack with routing policies on the "server" machine. Java doesn't give you access to routing policies. So unless I've missed what you are asking, this isn't a programming question at all -- its a server configuration question. Suggest you reframe the question (if not your project as a whole).
About | Sitemap | Contact