Debugging Applet Problems
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, November 27, 2006 03:04 PM

Hi guys I'm having some difficulties when trying to debug an applet. I am using NetBeans 5.0. I have created a new Java Class Library project (called DebugApp) and added an applet to it. I then build it. Then i've clicked on my .java file and chosen "Run File" and it runs the applet fine. The problem occurs when i click my .java file and choose "Debug File". I get a huge error which i've cut the middle out of. Tell me if you want me to post the whole thing: init: deps-jar: compile-single: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: listen failed at org.netbeans.modules.debugger.jpda.ant.JPDAStart.execute(JPDAStart.ja   More>>

Hi guys

I'm having some difficulties when trying to debug an applet.

I am using NetBeans 5.0. I have created a new Java Class Library project (called DebugApp) and added an applet to it. I then build it. Then i've clicked on my .java file and chosen "Run File" and it runs the applet fine.

The problem occurs when i click my .java file and choose "Debug File". I get a huge error which i've cut the middle out of. Tell me if you want me to post the whole thing:

init:

deps-jar:

compile-single:

java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: listen failed

at org.netbeans.modules.debugger.jpda.ant.JPDAStart.execute(JPDAStart.java:183)

at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)

at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:364)

at org.netbeans.modules.debugger.jpda.ant.JPDAStart.run(JPDAStart.java:219)

at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:493)

at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:926)

D:MyJavaDevProjectsDebugAppDebugApp
bproject uild-impl.xml:358: The following error occurred while executing this line:

D:MyJavaDevProjectsDebugAppDebugApp
bproject uild-impl.xml:164: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: listen failed

BUILD FAILED (total time: 0 seconds)

These are the 2 lines in build-impl.xml that it shows.

Does anybody know what's going wrong here and how i can fix it? It is really annoying me and i'm seriously thinking about dumping netbeans and using another IDE

Thanks guys

-Nonameo-

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact