AJAX server-side performance
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, October 13, 2006 01:18 PM

I would like to know if AJAX could be used as a way to diminish the processing performed by a server. Let's take a particular case where we have a display with 10 links. Each of these links toggles the display of a different form so that only one form is shown at once. The current approach has the server prepare the ten forms and send them over to the client even though he'll only submit one of the ten forms. I would see AJAX fitting in here by having none of the forms prepared, and AJAX fire the preparation of a form when a link is clicked. Would there be any performance gain in doing this or does the overhead of creating more sockets than before (a minimum of 2 connections are required to view a form instead of 1) would kill the gain    More>>

I would like to know if AJAX could be used as a way to diminish the processing performed by a server.

Let's take a particular case where we have a display with 10 links. Each of these links toggles the display of a different form so that only one form is shown at once. The current approach has the server prepare the ten forms and send them over to the client even though he'll only submit one of the ten forms. I would see AJAX fitting in here by having none of the forms prepared, and AJAX fire the preparation of a form when a link is clicked.

Would there be any performance gain in doing this or does the overhead of creating more sockets than before (a minimum of 2 connections are required to view a form instead of 1) would kill the gain we had obtained from not generating 10 forms?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact