dcsimg
Mapping requests to a servlet to FacesServlet
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Joost_Schouten
Posted On:   Thursday, September 21, 2006 04:27 AM

Hi, I've just started to implement Shale in our application ( www.jsportal.com ) and want to have a slow transition into it. I first want to use it for it's validation and reading beans from the request. I still want to use my own custom controller servlet to do the navigation and business logic handling. For this to work it seems my request will need to be handled by the FacesServlet and then forwarded to my Controller servlet. I should be able to do this, but can't seem to work out how. faces *.faces, /controller or variations of it don't work. How can I make this work? Or am I wrong in my conceptual understanding of the request handling by JSF?    More>>

Hi,

I've just started to implement Shale in our application ( www.jsportal.com ) and want to have a slow transition into it. I first want to use it for it's validation and reading beans from the request. I still want to use my own custom controller servlet to do the navigation and business logic handling.

For this to work it seems my request will need to be handled by the FacesServlet and then forwarded to my Controller servlet. I should be able to do this, but can't seem to work out how.

faces
*.faces, /controller

or variations of it don't work. How can I make this work? Or am I wrong in my conceptual understanding of the request handling by JSF?    <<Less

Re: Mapping requests to a servlet to FacesServlet

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Monday, October 9, 2006 03:04 PM

Are you saying that you can't get your faces servlet mapping to take all the urls including both the extension mapping and the prefix mapping?
About | Sitemap | Contact