Faces Context
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   juraj_lenharcik
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 12, 2006 06:29 AM

I am developing my first JSF application and have several troubles to set up the application. I am using jboss 5 and tomcat 5.5.17. I have created the needed configuration files like web.xml: Faces Servlet javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet 1 Faces Servlet /faces/* I am using an index.jsp with following content: The destination file contains the JSF code. But I get this exception: [UIComponentTag] Faces context not found. getResponseWriter will fail. Check if the FacesServlet has been initialized at all in your web.xml. 12:15:40,287 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception    More>>

I am developing my first JSF application and have several troubles to set up the application. I am using jboss 5 and tomcat 5.5.17. I have created the needed configuration files like web.xml:

Faces Servlet
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet

Faces Servlet
/faces/*

I am using an index.jsp with following content:

The destination file contains the JSF code. But I get this exception:

[UIComponentTag] Faces context not found. getResponseWriter will fail. Check if the FacesServlet has been initialized at all in your web.xml.
12:15:40,287 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.setupResponseWriter(UIComponentTag.java:615)
at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doStartTag(UIComponentTag.java:217)

Does anyone has an idea?

Thanks,
nort    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact