Including a javascript inside ajax script.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alexey_Pylypenko
Posted On:   Thursday, August 10, 2006 07:24 AM

Hi, I'm working on an update for one of firefox's plugin which is in ajax. It uses yahoo to collect some data from it. As yahoo is banning your ip after a certain period of time a decided to use Yahoo! API. It seems to work great but! The code uses html, let me show: this is where the script is inserted and a callback function called. This is the function that gets the result i need from that query: var grs = { pongSearch : function(z) { var res = z.ResultSet.totalResultsAvailable; alert(res); } }; ]]>]]> How do include the first script without using html in it? Please help... Alexe   More>>

Hi,

I'm working on an update for one of firefox's plugin which is in ajax. It uses yahoo to collect some data from it. As yahoo is banning your ip after a certain period of time a decided to use Yahoo! API. It seems to work great but!

The code uses html, let me show:

this is where the script is inserted and a callback function called.

This is the function that gets the result i need from that query:

How do include the first script without using html in it?

Please help...

Alexey

<<Less

Re: Including a javascript inside ajax script.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 10, 2006 10:12 PM

I'm not sure I understand the question.
where is pongsearch located?
Can you call the api directly form js like that?
I found with the amazon api i had to do an ajax call to a bot on my server which called the api in turn. the above is a lot simpler if it works.
What do you want to do? Are you trying to capture the script that returns the results in a file?
About | Sitemap | Contact