dcsimg
Applet Loading Time - Urgent
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sanjay_Ambardar
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 21, 2006 03:15 PM

I am facing a problem on one of our production sites. The APPLET(deployed on weblogic server) is taking a huge time to load, of the order of 15 minutes. Even after it is cached on first time loading, the subsequent access to APPLET still takes same time.
Whileas in our testing we didn't encounter such problem. Of course, at customer site i see that the machine using IE(client) is on a different LAN than the weblogic server whileas most of our in house tests were done on same LAN

what could be the possible reasons for this?

Re: Applet Loading Time - Urgent

Posted By:   WarnerJan_Veldhuis  
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 21, 2006 03:52 PM

First of all, your question is not urgent. Trust me, it's not. If your deadline is approaching, you probably started testing on-site too late... Marking your question urgent is rude, if not very arrogant, and shows no respect for questions of other people.

Having said that, you give yourself a hint by saying that it happens at the customers site, and not in your place. Any differences? Firewalls, routers, cheap 56k modems, faulty virus scanner (MacAfee is infamous for checking a gazillion jars). And then, is the 15 minutes you mention, the *download* time, or the init()-time???? In the last case, try a profiler.

About | Sitemap | Contact