dcsimg
Microsof invented AJAX!!
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, June 15, 2006 02:19 AM

You have to laugh! In http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJAX soeone has written: 'Although the term 'Ajax' was coined in 2005, most histories of the technologies that enable Ajax start a decade earlier with Microsoft's initiatives in developing Remote Scripting. However techniques for the asynchronous loading of content on an existing web page without requiring a full reload date back as far as the IFRAME element type (introduced in Internet Explorer 3 in 1996) and the LAYER element type (introduced in Netscape 4 in 1997, abandoned during early development of Mozilla).' Anyone know the truth? - I was writing cross-communicating FRAMESETS as soon as I found them (92?) and a control page to provide server info but not with XML ANo   More>>

You have to laugh!
In http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJAX soeone has written:
'Although the term 'Ajax' was coined in 2005, most histories of the technologies that enable Ajax start a decade earlier with Microsoft's initiatives in developing Remote Scripting. However techniques for the asynchronous loading of content on an existing web page without requiring a full reload date back as far as the IFRAME element type (introduced in Internet Explorer 3 in 1996) and the LAYER element type (introduced in Netscape 4 in 1997, abandoned during early development of Mozilla).'

Anyone know the truth? - I was writing cross-communicating FRAMESETS as soon as I found them (92?) and a control page to provide server info but not with XML

ANone else?

<<Less

Re: Microsof invented AJAX!!

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Thursday, June 15, 2006 07:33 AM

I believe the point of the entry is that the XMLHttpRequest object and the IFrame object -- both of which are used for effecting AJAX nowadays -- are credited to Microsoft. Whether one could do it via older, alternate techniques earlier would be an interesting footnote for the article, though, and of course even modern AJAX is only sometimes "XML" in terms of the response data stream.
About | Sitemap | Contact