dcsimg
Why does a SOAP message need to be buffered in its entirety at the server before sending it?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jonas_Johansson
Posted On:   Thursday, June 1, 2006 02:29 PM

Hi, I'm new to SOAP and have spent numerous hours trying to find an answer to the following fundamental issue. I hope somebody is kind enough to answer me on this one. It is stated everywhere that sending large data sets in SOAP messages is a serious performance issue since the server needs to buffer the message before sending it. What is it about SOAP that makes this necessary? Are there examples where a SOAP engine starts sending a SOAP message even before all the data to be included exists, for example when the data is dynamically generated? Similarly, are there examples where a SOAP engine starts sending the SOAP message without buffering the whole message, say when a 1000 Gb picture of MIME type "image/jpeg&q   More>>

Hi, I'm new to SOAP and have spent numerous hours trying to find an answer to the following fundamental issue. I hope somebody is kind enough to answer me on this one.

It is stated everywhere that sending large data sets in SOAP messages is a serious performance issue since the server needs to buffer the message before sending it.

What is it about SOAP that makes this necessary?
Are there examples where a SOAP engine starts sending a SOAP message even before all the data to be included exists, for example when the data is dynamically generated?

Similarly, are there examples where a SOAP engine starts sending the SOAP message without buffering the whole message, say when a 1000 Gb picture of MIME type "image/jpeg" is to be sent?

<<Less

Re: Why does a SOAP message need to be buffered in its entirety at the server before sending it?

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, June 10, 2006 05:16 PM

I think there's some kind of "attachment" thing, maybe a proposed extension to the standards? for such large amounts of data to be transmitted apart from the main SOAP message, and let the main message describe/refer to the other stuff?
About | Sitemap | Contact