dcsimg
to run my project jar file from desktop or from DOS
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Meena_KAnnan
Posted On:   Thursday, April 6, 2006 04:19 AM

Hi, I finished my project in NetBeans with MS-Access I used JFreeReport for Report Generation. My project is working well. Now my Problem is I copy the project jar file into the desktop and click it to run.My project works well.But the report is not generated. Then I go to the Dos Prompt and run the jar file by using java -jar command.Here also my project works well.But when I click the button to take print I got the erroe of NoclassDefFound Error. To run the JFreeReport in NetBeans I do the folowing. I go to Myproject->Properties->add Jarfiles/Folder->then I add JFreeReport -0.8.6-6.jar and jar files from lib folder of JFreeReport. So without any error I c   More>>

Hi,
I finished my project in NetBeans with MS-Access
I used JFreeReport for Report Generation.
My project is working well.

Now my Problem is I copy the project jar file into the desktop and click it to run.My project works well.But the report is not generated.
Then I go to the Dos Prompt and run the jar file by using java -jar command.Here also my project works well.But when I click the button to take print I got the erroe of NoclassDefFound Error.

To run the JFreeReport in NetBeans I do the folowing.
I go to Myproject->Properties->add Jarfiles/Folder->then I add JFreeReport -0.8.6-6.jar and jar files from lib folder of JFreeReport.

So without any error I can run the project and Generate report.

;

Then To run the jar file from dos or from Desktop I have met a struggle and get the reply of I have to set the class
path in the manifest.mf file.So I set the class path like the folowing

Class-Path: D:MeenaJFreeReportV_6jfreereport-0.8.6-6jfreereport-0.8.6-6.jar;

D:MeenaJFreeReportV_6jfreereport-0.8.6-6lib sf-2.3.0.jar;

D:MeenaJFreeReportV_6jfreereport-0.8.6-6lib sh-1.3.0.jar;

D:MeenaJFreeReportV_6jfreereport-0.8.6-6libgnujaxp.jar;

D:MeenaJFreeReportV_6jfreereport-0.8.6-6libitext-1.3.5.jar;

D:MeenaJFreeReportV_6jfreereport-0.8.6-6libjcommon-1.1.0.jar;

D:MeenaJFreeReportV_6jfreereport-0.8.6-6libjcommon-xml-1.1.0.jar;

D:MeenaJFreeReportV_6jfreereport-0.8.6-6liblibfonts-0.1.3.jar;

D:MeenaJFreeReportV_6jfreereport-0.8.6-6libpixie-0.8.4.jar;

D:MeenaJFreeReportV_6jfreereport-0.8.6-6libpoi-3.0-alpha1-20050704.jar

But Still I got the error.
For last 10 days I tried at most 50 times.I fully spent the last 10 days with this.
will you please help me to solve.
If you give a solution to this I will very grateful to you.

Thank you so much.
Meena.

<<Less

Re: to run my project jar file from desktop or from DOS

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 6, 2006 09:24 PM

you didn't say this wasn't your problem, but "executable jar files" requires that a manifest be present and have a "Main-Class: SomeFoo" specified (where SomeFoo is the fully resolved class name that has the main() method in it. Add that line to the manifest with the classpath additions and see what happens. Failing that, a "should work" last result is to create a *.bat (batch) file that sets up the CLASSPATH environment variable and then makes a call to 'java' to get your stuff going.
About | Sitemap | Contact