Requesting help/examples external (DTD) catalog file resolutions.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 5, 2006 11:53 AM

Overview: I've been several rounds with this. I would like to know what the current correct way is (assuming it is indeed possible) to get Ant to resolve against an externally defined catalog file. I do finally have things working if I copy all the DTD references into an Ant-internal tag structure, but for real-world / practical purposes, I would like to know how to get the resolvers to work with a supplied, external file. Background: My specific task is that we have a documentation team that writes stuff in OASIS DITA (an XML 'format'). The content is assembled and run through some XSLTs to make, eventually, PDF files; this step happens on a separate, unattended, nightly build machine. To this point we have mandated that ever   More>>

Overview:
I've been several rounds with this. I would like to know what the current correct way is (assuming it is indeed possible) to get Ant to resolve against an externally defined catalog file. I do finally have things working if I copy all the DTD references into an Ant-internal tag structure, but for real-world / practical purposes, I would like to know how to get the resolvers to work with a supplied, external file.

Background:
My specific task is that we have a documentation team that writes stuff in OASIS DITA (an XML 'format'). The content is assembled and run through some XSLTs to make, eventually, PDF files; this step happens on a separate, unattended, nightly build machine. To this point we have mandated that everyone's system ID's (in the DOCTYPE declaration) all match up and point to the same relative filesystem locations, but various tools the docs guys are using are pointing the system IDs to strange places that don't exist on the build machine. (That is, we have the classic "can't find DTD file" problem and are aware catalogs should provide the solution; also, the DITA project does provide a catalog file already.) The target environment is apache ant 1.6.2 and java jdk 1.5.0_04 on win2k.

Can anyone provide an authoritative recipe of required files, references, environment variables, ant-file, 3rd-party jar files, etc. based on the current versions of ant+resolvers? I'm really at a complete loss to understand what I need and how to get it working together (or really how to try to debug it).

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact