RMI over JRMP,client identification by server
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Richard_Seppala
Posted On:   Monday, March 27, 2006 03:21 PM

I am planning a RMI server object that inherits from UnicastRemoteObject. The remote interface under planning is such that I want the server to be able to identify the client which is calling a method. I understand the RMI is asynchronous system and therefore I cannot, say, create a thread per client which serves that client only in which case it would be simple to store the "session data" locally in the object running in that thread. I thougth that maybe each client should create Artificial And Unique identifier and then define everyone of the remote methods so that they take in the ID as a parameter. But creating such ID is not so simple given that the uniqueness bust be guaranteed. And this solution seems v   More>>

I am planning a RMI server object that inherits from UnicastRemoteObject. The remote interface under planning is such that I want the server to be able to identify the client which is calling a method.

I understand the RMI is asynchronous system and therefore I cannot, say, create a thread per client which serves that client only in which case it would be simple to store the "session data" locally in the object running in that thread.

I thougth that maybe each client should create Artificial And Unique identifier and then define everyone of the remote methods so that they take in the ID as a parameter. But creating such ID is not so simple given that the uniqueness bust be guaranteed. And this solution seems very artificial. I think there must be a better one I just don't know about. Do you have suggestions?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact