dcsimg
Multicast Datagram on ad-hoc network under Linux
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dave_Cooper
Posted On:   Monday, March 20, 2006 06:13 AM

Hi all, I am trying to run the MulticastServer / Client pair provided in the sun tutorials. (http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/networking/datagrams/broadcasting.html) Under windows I have no problems with this. Also Linux wired and infrastructure wireless connections work fine. It is only the adhoc connection I have problems with. I am using two laptops running linux forming a wireless adhoc network. I am able to connect both devices to the network and perform a ping correctly. Unfortunately when I run the MulticastServer I get: java.io.Exception: Network is unreachable at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.send(Native Method) at java.net.DatagramSocket.send(DatagramSocket.java:611)    More>>

Hi all,

I am trying to run the MulticastServer / Client pair provided in the sun tutorials.
(http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/networking/datagrams/broadcasting.html) Under windows I have no problems with this. Also Linux wired and infrastructure wireless connections work fine. It is only the adhoc connection I have problems with.

I am using two laptops running linux forming a wireless adhoc network. I am able to connect both devices to the network and perform a ping correctly. Unfortunately when I run the MulticastServer I get:

java.io.Exception: Network is unreachable

at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.send(Native Method)
at java.net.DatagramSocket.send(DatagramSocket.java:611)
at MulticastServerThread.run(MulticastServerThread.java:32)

This code works fine when I use an infrastructure based wireless lan, wired lan under linux, or any windows network including adhoc..

I am guessing that this means that either the linux version of java does not implement the call correctly or that the linux wifi driver doesn't support the method call.

I am running J2SE 1.4.2_11-b06 under linux.

apologies if this is the wrong place for the question, please shove me in the right direction.

thanks in advance.

Dave    <<Less

Re: Multicast Datagram on ad-hoc network under Linux

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 20, 2006 03:55 PM

Hello Dave:

I have a Multicast application too. I will wait for help too to see if someone else know the answer.
Thanks.
Javier.
About | Sitemap | Contact