Java interoprability solution with SOAP
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Neeraj_Mahajan
Posted On:   Friday, March 17, 2006 01:58 AM

I am working on a generic scripting/programming architecture for a Java application. There is a set of classes that I want to expose via API so that it can be used to developed plugins for interpreted languages. The final aim is to expose the Java classes as COM interfaces via a COM server or as Python packages etc. To achieve this I would have to use a form of RPC that is statefull. By statefull what I mean is that if a method in a Java class returns other Java object (non primitive) then that object should be available as proxy at the client side and it should not be passed by value. So any method invoked on the proxy object would result in a call to the actual Java object. Can someone comment on how I can achieve the above behavior? Which of thes   More>>

I am working on a generic scripting/programming architecture for a Java application.
There is a set of classes that I want to expose via API so that it can be used to developed plugins for interpreted languages. The final aim is to expose the Java classes as COM interfaces via a COM server or as Python packages etc. To achieve this I would have to use a form of RPC that is statefull. By statefull what I mean is that if a method in a Java class returns other Java object (non primitive) then that object should be available as proxy at the client side and it should not be passed by value. So any method invoked on the proxy object would result in a call to the actual Java object.
Can someone comment on how I can achieve the above behavior? Which of these technologies could be used:
JNI, XML-RPC, SOAP, CORBA etc.

Are there any other useful options?
Probably JNI could be used but its pretty complex and all the object reference handling would have to be done manually along with creation of proxy classes on the C++ side.
I have looked at Jython, but its way behind the current Python versions.
The idea is to develop a generic set of API so that plugins can be developed for any language on any platform. Any comments appreciated.

<<Less

Re: Java interoprability solution with SOAP

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Sunday, March 19, 2006 05:57 PM

like Groovy?
About | Sitemap | Contact