CLI0112E Error in assignment. SQLSTATE=22005 DB2 7.x, Same record that succeeded before, threw this Exception
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sam_G
Posted On:   Saturday, March 4, 2006 09:55 AM

I do see this exception infrequently. This exception may happen for the exact same record, which was inserted into database successfully before. There is no constraint in database, as such, same record can be persisted. There is no pattern for this exception to occur. As I said, the exact same record that had success before may throw this exception. I am using WAS 5.1.1.3 and DB2 7.x. I am using datasource to get database connection. Any suggestion, or solution will be appreciated. Exception StackTrace [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0112E Error in assignment. SQLSTATE=22005 at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_SQLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.   More>>

I do see this exception infrequently. This exception may happen for the exact same record, which was inserted into database successfully before. There is no constraint in database, as such, same record can be persisted.

There is no pattern for this exception to occur. As I said, the exact same record that had success before may throw this exception.

I am using WAS 5.1.1.3 and DB2 7.x. I am using datasource to get database connection.

Any suggestion, or solution will be appreciated.

Exception StackTrace

[IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0112E Error in assignment. SQLSTATE=22005
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_SQLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:267)
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_SQLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:209)
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.check_return_code(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:455)

I get following exception verbiage from IBM site. This is of no use, as this exception is raised for the same record which was persisted into database successfully:

CLI0112E Error in assignment.
Explanation: The data sent for a parameter or
column was incompatible with the data type of
the associated table column.
User Response: Respecify the output binding
through SQLBindCol or SQLGetData or the input
binding through SQLSetParam or
SQLBindParameter.    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact