dcsimg
XA/ASF required for JBoss 4.0.3 integration?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   David_McCullough
Posted On:   Monday, February 13, 2006 12:53 PM

Hello, I'm currently evaluating SwiftMQ and everything looks great so far, but I'm a little confused as to how to integrate it with JBoss 4.0.3. Our application needs to recieve messages from MDBs and to send messages from EJBs and MDBs. We are not currently doing any JMS transactions local or global in these beans. I'd like to use the JMS Resource Adapter (RA) to connect Swift to JBoss, but even after reading the Introduction section for the RA, I'm still uncertain of whether I need the XA/ASF Swiftlet or not. It sounds like I don't if all I'm doing is sending messages from an EJB with no transactions or local ones, but what about an MDB that receives messages and does no transactions at all? Is the extra Swiftlet needed? If    More>>

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating SwiftMQ and everything looks great so far, but I'm a little confused as to how to integrate it with JBoss 4.0.3.

Our application needs to recieve messages from MDBs and to send messages from EJBs and MDBs. We are not currently doing any JMS transactions local or global in these beans.

I'd like to use the JMS Resource Adapter (RA) to connect Swift to JBoss, but even after reading the Introduction section for the RA, I'm still uncertain of whether I need the XA/ASF Swiftlet or not. It sounds like I don't if all I'm doing is sending messages from an EJB with no transactions or local ones, but what about an MDB that receives messages and does no transactions at all? Is the extra Swiftlet needed? If so, is there another way to integrate with JBoss that doesn't require the Swiftlet?

Thanks.

<<Less

Re: XA/ASF required for JBoss 4.0.3 integration?

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 14, 2006 02:52 AM

If you use our RA for message inflow (MDB), you need the JMS XA/ASF Swiftlet too because the RA uses application server facilities (ASF) internally. The JMS XA/ASF Swiftlet is also available as an eval download (and included in the JMS Plus package).
About | Sitemap | Contact