RMI _Stub class not found on linux but found Ok on Windows
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Geoff_Hartnell
Posted On:   Monday, January 30, 2006 10:53 AM

I have a simple RMI server client application which I developed under Windows. The application works fine under Windows - I start the rmiregistry, start the server, then start the client The server is started with the following line in an ant target(which if I understand correctly, identifies the location of the _Stub classes): The app.jar contains server, client, interface and _Stub files (classes) and works correctly under Windows. However, when I transfer to a linux host, the server fails at startup with: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.logica.omg.metrics.RmiMetricsServer_   More>>

I have a simple RMI server client application which I developed under Windows.

The application works fine under Windows - I start the rmiregistry, start the server, then start the client

The server is started with the following line in an ant target(which if I understand correctly, identifies the location of the _Stub classes):

The app.jar contains server, client, interface and _Stub files (classes) and works correctly under Windows.

However, when I transfer to a linux host, the server fails at startup with:

java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments;
nested exception is: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

com.logica.omg.metrics.RmiMetricsServer_Stub

I've scoured the various forums without success

I've set the permissions on the jar file to execute

As a last resort, I've also extracted the relevant classes from the jar file and used the following alternative with the trailing '/' in the ant target:

I can't see what the difference is under linux to cause the failure to find the _Stub classes

If anyone has any ideas, they would be much appreciated

Thanks

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact