hi,here is my project proposal for my masters course.kindly suggest wat actually project means
4 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   supriya_ravatla
Posted On:   Friday, January 13, 2006 09:24 AM

XML-based Distributed Information Access and Manipulation The use of XML documents as a common data representation and structuring approach is widespread in the area of web services, network management and ubiquitous computing. With this has come the need to store and query XML documents (e.g. WSDL, RDF etc.). To address this need a number of "XML databases" are emerging, with the query interface available to the user being the XQuery and XUpdate languages. However current solutions are limited in that they assume that the user knows the exact location and exact structure of the documents to be queried over. What is required is a solution that presents to the user a single integrated view of the data in a way that makes sens   More>>

XML-based Distributed Information Access and Manipulation

The use of XML documents as a common data representation and structuring approach is widespread in the area of web services, network management and ubiquitous computing. With this has come the need to store and query XML documents (e.g. WSDL, RDF etc.). To address this need a number of "XML databases" are emerging, with the query interface available to the user being the XQuery and XUpdate languages. However current solutions are limited in that they assume that the user knows the exact location and exact structure of the documents to be queried over.

What is required is a solution that presents to the user a single integrated view of the data in a way that makes sense to the user … with the system hiding the actual details of data location and physical structure. This project will design and implement an integrated view that will allow users query and update data stored in a mixture of XML sources. An application scenario from the web services, network management or ubiquitous computing areas will be used to illustrate the solution designed.

<<Less

Re: hi,here is my project proposal for my masters course.kindly suggest wat actually project means

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, January 16, 2006 03:44 AM

And sorry for those horrible typographic errors...

Re: hi,here is my project proposal for my masters course.kindly suggest wat actually project means

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, January 16, 2006 03:40 AM

Im working on something similar but still need to put the things in flow as I have just started. Im planning to first statr with databses and tyhen extended the interface for XML and other related documents.It would be of great help if both of us keep ourselves updated on the same.

Posted By:   Roseanne_Zhang  
Posted On:   Saturday, January 14, 2006 09:08 PM

Agreed with WarnerJan Veldhuis.

This specification is not clear enough to know what is really in your professors mind.

Allow users Represent / Query / Edit / Update all information in a distribute system without user knowing what and where the information located. That is not an easy job for sure.

Posted By:   WarnerJan_Veldhuis  
Posted On:   Friday, January 13, 2006 10:05 AM

It sounds like a frontend that gives the user a view of multiple XML sources, without the user knowing that. But what if I am wrong... You'd screw up your masters, and I would not sleep very well... :) Can I suggest you talk this over with your professor?
About | Sitemap | Contact