What new topic areas should be added to the Forums/FAQs?
5 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, December 1, 2005 11:59 AM

I'm creating a list of new topic areas to add to the FAQs and Forums on this site. Anyone have any suggestions for topics you believe should be added?

Brad!

Re: What new topic areas should be added to the Forums/FAQs?

Posted By:   Almagest_FUTT  
Posted On:   Monday, January 16, 2006 12:43 PM

This isn't an answer to the question, but since there are already a few replies concerning the actual state of the site...

The "hierarchical" view of answers is a pretty neat thing. On the other hand, it hides the order in which the replies were actually given. I think I'd be good to display an incremental index, like "this is chronologically the Xth reply to this question".
It might also be an idea to provide the possibility to collapse/expand a branch of the thread, although there presently are only very few cases where this'd be useful.

Posted By:   WarnerJan_Veldhuis  
Posted On:   Friday, December 9, 2005 07:43 AM

One other suggestion I would like to make is an "edit" button for a reply of myself. There are times I want to correct a typo, but can't...

Re[2]: What new topic areas should be added to the Forums/FAQs?

Posted On:   Friday, December 2, 2005 08:43 AM

Thanks Jani. Good suggestions.

Posted By:   Jani_Kaarela  
Posted On:   Friday, December 2, 2005 03:31 AM

If something is added, I'd prefer it to be a Read This Before Posting page, which would contain some pointers & links to basic netiquette - and, of course, links to the FAQ search, Google, etc. There should be a huge, bold link to the page in the post editor page... Also, a moderation system (beyond the "was this helpful" score) would be nice!

Posted On:   Thursday, December 1, 2005 12:01 PM

.... or removed. If you think a topic on the site is not needed or should be merged with another, I'm open to those suggestions as well! :D

Brad!
About | Sitemap | Contact