dcsimg
Problem with QueueBrowser - the same items are retrieved again and again
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 9, 2005 03:37 PM

Hello. I am using the TIBCO EMS implementation of JMS. To be honest, I'm coding with the C API. Got a curious behaviour when doing queue browsing: - The initial items in the queue are retrieved (say 10 of them) - If no new elements are added in the queue, after 5 sec interval the same 10 elements are retrieved This repeats again and again - the browsing starts from the beginning of the queue. The behaviour is curious, as I would have expected getNext to block until *new* elements are added to the queue. Please let me know if you encountered this and if you know a way to get past this. Much thanks, Adrian    More>>

Hello.

I am using the TIBCO EMS implementation of JMS. To be honest, I'm coding with the C API.

Got a curious behaviour when doing queue browsing:

- The initial items in the queue are retrieved (say 10 of them)
- If no new elements are added in the queue, after 5 sec interval the same 10 elements are retrieved

This repeats again and again - the browsing starts from the beginning of the queue.
The behaviour is curious, as I would have expected getNext to block until *new* elements are added to the queue.

Please let me know if you encountered this and if you know a way to get past this.

Much thanks,
Adrian

<<Less

Re: Problem with QueueBrowser - the same items are retrieved again and again

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, November 12, 2005 04:43 PM

I thought (?) that IS how "Browsing" is SUPPOSED to work, on a JMS queue? since "browsing" means you are only going to check what's there, without affecting the state of the queue in any way. So the queue has no idea that you already saw the earlier messages, if you are just "browsing".
About | Sitemap | Contact