applet accessing a database works on IDE but...
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 26, 2005 09:57 PM

Hello. I've written a simple applet that accesses a database(postgre). It works fine when I run it on the IDE(Eclipse) but when I open it on the browser, it doesn't work. I'm using Tomcat by the way. Someone told me that applets really can't access a database from the web. I should use a servlet instead to access the database. So if I'm right on this, the basic would be Applet -> Servlet -> Database I have an idea on how the applet might connect to the servlet but I'm not sure how I can make the servlet give the applet the info it needs. Can a servlet return a Resultset or at least a Vector to the applet? Need help!    More>>

Hello. I've written a simple applet that accesses a database(postgre). It works fine when I run it on the IDE(Eclipse) but when I open it on the browser, it doesn't work. I'm using Tomcat by the way. Someone told me that applets really can't access a database from the web.
I should use a servlet instead to access the database. So if I'm right on this, the basic would be

Applet -> Servlet -> Database

I have an idea on how the applet might connect to the servlet but I'm not sure how I can make the servlet give the applet the info it needs. Can a servlet return a Resultset or at least a Vector to the applet?

Need help!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact