How do we return object from server to client?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sneha_Das
Posted On:   Friday, October 7, 2005 01:45 AM

I am new to CORBA I am writing a CORBA 2 - JAVA 1.3 program wherein the server implements a function getDetails() . This function has no parameters passed to it and returns an array of object to the client. The function definition in the IDL is as - Resort getDetails() The structure of the object Resort returned by getDetails() is defined in the respective IDL where the function getDetails() is declared. The structure has both string and integer values. The problem is that the function correctly retrieves the values in the server side, but at the client console I get the error    More>>

I am new to CORBA
I am writing a CORBA 2 - JAVA 1.3 program wherein the server implements a function getDetails() . This function has no parameters passed to it and returns an array of object to the client.

The function definition in the IDL is as -

Resort getDetails()

The structure of the object Resort returned by getDetails() is defined in the respective IDL
where the function getDetails() is declared. The structure has both string and integer values.

The problem is that the function correctly retrieves the values in the server side,
but at the client console I get the error

org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM : minor code : 1398079489 completed : Maybe

However if I return a single value from the the getDetails() function to the client. I get no error

Do I have to take make any changes to the code (like initialise BOA or anything) to return object from server to client?

Please help me out with the problem.

<<Less

Re: How do we return object from server to client?

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:20 AM

I'd suggest posting the IDL and code excerts to comp.object.corba

Do I have to take make any changes to the code (like initialise BOA or anything) to return object from server to client?

BOA? Unless one of the systems doesn't support POAs, you should avoid using BOAs.

Re: How do we return object from server to client?

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Friday, October 7, 2005 04:49 AM

Make sure the Resort object to be sent to the Client doesn't have any null value, i.e none of the properties of the Resort object should have null value.
About | Sitemap | Contact