J-Unit, I18N, and Eclipse
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Joey_Lei
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 4, 2005 12:50 PM

I've been interested in using J-unit for globalization testing. I have used J-Unit before, but never in this way. I want to use J-Unit to verify Japanese characters in resource bundles. I am using Eclipse to run J-Unit. I am also using input.in files to use as the "Expected" Data. I correctly grab the "Actual" data as Eclispe shows me this, but the "Expected" data comes out corrupted. For those of you who know locale region settings, I am in Japanese in all of them and my input.in file correctly displays Japanese characters, the only problem I'm facing is with J-Unit and Eclipse. See the attached screenshot for clarification. The SS shows the input file with "Expected" data, and also show   More>>

I've been interested in using J-unit for globalization testing. I have used J-Unit before, but never in this way. I want to use J-Unit to verify Japanese characters in resource bundles. I am using Eclipse to
run J-Unit. I am also using input.in files to use as the "Expected" Data. I correctly grab the "Actual" data as Eclispe shows me this, but the "Expected" data comes out corrupted.

For those of you who know locale region settings, I am in Japanese in all of them and my input.in file correctly displays Japanese characters, the only problem I'm facing is with J-Unit and Eclipse. See the attached screenshot for clarification. The SS shows the input file with "Expected" data, and also shows the character corruption from Eclipse.

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/1391/junitcharcorruption1zf.jpg

Does anyone know why I am facing this character corruption? The way I assert is:

For expected: using a string array (1 for each line in the shown input file i.e. input[0])

For Actual: a method that grabs a line from a resource bundle (ie.MessageBundle.getString()

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact