Reg Architecture:How many architectures are valiable in java?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, August 25, 2005 09:50 AM

I want to know if a question was asked me in an interview
How many architectures are valiable in Java?
I know MVC2 & MVC1 if any more plz give me the details

Thanking You.

Ravi.

Re: Reg Architecture:How many architectures are valiable in java?

Posted By:   Shaun_Childers  
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 30, 2005 08:37 AM

Well, in the context of your question, what you are asking about (MVC, MVC2) are really patterns that fit into a J2SE/J2EE architecture. When talking about architecture, you need to focus on things such as tiers. There are typically three (3-tier), which are: presentation/view, middle/business, persistence/data. Of course, there are many different names, however the abstraction is the same. Another term you'll hear of is N-tier architecture, whereby there are multiple nodes in the persistence/data tier. In other words, multiple databases, legacy systems, other web services, etc. all hidden behind some pattern of facades, etc. in your business/middle tier. In addition to this, you could get into just broad structure of an application, such as: Struts, Spring, and Hibernate running on Tomcat. This would give someone a quick synopsis of the application architecture in terms of technology used. From this, one should know that Struts are used for the presentation tier, Spring is used to wire the business tier components together, and Hibernate is used for the persistence layer.

Hope that helps.
About | Sitemap | Contact