dcsimg
How to pass/get filename from link to a servlet in struts?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Aaron_Ritchie
Posted On:   Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:54 AM

Hi all. I have a struts question (I'm a newb). My situation is that I have a password protected download site. I have users and different users are allowed to download certain files. The file names, permissions, urls...etc.. are in a DB2 database. So, the user logs in and I go to the database and need to show a list of links to download the files that user is allowed to download. I do not want the url's of the files exposed, so that the user can't give the url away to other people not allowed to download the file. So, when the user selects a link of a file to download, how can I tell my actionexecute which file to stream to the user? Is there a way to pass the url to the servlet without it being seen? Or do I need to pass s   More>>

Hi all. I have a struts question (I'm a newb).

My situation is that I have a password protected download site. I have users and different users are allowed to download certain files. The file names, permissions, urls...etc.. are in a DB2 database.

So, the user logs in and I go to the database and need to show a list of links to download the files that user is allowed to download. I do not want the url's of the files exposed, so that the user can't give the url away to other people not allowed to download the file. So, when the user selects a link of a file to download, how can I tell my actionexecute which file to stream to the user? Is there a way to pass the url to the servlet without it being seen? Or do I need to pass say...a fileID and then in the servlet search through the database to find that fileID then grab the url to download (performance hit). Any tips would be very useful. Thanks!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact