dcsimg
Using MultiSearcher, design question
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Naimdjon_Takhirov
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 28, 2005 04:37 PM

Hi, I am going to implement lucene search in one of our hotel customers. Today we use lucene search for just text-search and some other searches like number of guests and facilities. It is also possible to search for the availability of the rooms which is currently saved in the db for one year ahead. This search every time goes to DB and takes quite a long time because there is too much data in the table that is really not needed (for archive purposes only). So I thought of using MultiSearcher with two IndexSearcher's: one just for hotel rooms documents and one in availability index which would have a document with availability info pr a day for a specific room. How would be the best approach to do that? I'd apprici   More>>

Hi,

I am going to implement lucene search in one of our hotel customers. Today we use lucene search for just text-search and some other searches like number of guests and facilities.
It is also possible to search for the availability of the rooms which is currently saved in the db for one year ahead.
This search every time goes to DB and takes quite a long time because there is too much data in the table that is really not needed (for archive purposes only). So I thought of using MultiSearcher with two IndexSearcher's: one just for hotel rooms documents and one in availability index which would have a document with availability info pr a day for a specific room.
How would be the best approach to do that?

I'd appriciate any suggestions.

Naimdjon

<<Less

Re: Using MultiSearcher, design question

Posted By:   Naimdjon_Takhirov  
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 28, 2005 04:38 PM

Sorry for double post.
About | Sitemap | Contact