dcsimg
Question: is it technically possible to write a value which lies on the serverside in a pdf which lies on the clientside?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Andina_Petrosanu
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 22, 2005 04:51 AM

Hi! My problem is: I send a pdf-form to a client. He fills out the fields. Now, my boss (I don't know how much he knows about client-server programming) wants the following to happen in one step: 1. The pdf-form must have two buttons: save and print. 2. When the client clicks on the save button the following must happen: a. the fields must be sent to the server. There we get on the basis of the values entered by the user another value which we send back to the client and should appear in "his" pdf. b. the server should save all the data in a table in the database which is somewhere located... c. the pdf must be saved on the clients machine 3. When the client clicks on t   More>>

Hi!

My problem is:

I send a pdf-form to a client. He fills out the fields. Now, my boss (I don't know how much he knows about client-server programming) wants the following to happen in one step:

1. The pdf-form must have two buttons: save and print.
2. When the client clicks on the save button the following must happen:
a. the fields must be sent to the server. There we get on the basis of the values entered by the user another value which we send back to the client and should appear in "his" pdf.
b. the server should save all the data in a table in the database which is somewhere located...
c. the pdf must be saved on the clients machine
3. When the client clicks on the print button, it must happen the same and afterwards the client shoud be able to print the document

I don't know much about applets, but I don't think all this is possbile, in only "one step". My boss wants that the client everytime can call its local pdf, change some data and actualize the data on the serverside as well. Thats why the pdf should habe two buttons, save and print.

I repeat my question: is it technically possible to write a value which lies on the serverside in a pdf which lies on the clientside?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact