dcsimg
building java project stalls system with 99% cpu utilization
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Tim_Harvey
Posted On:   Thursday, May 5, 2005 11:58 AM

I've just recently installed Eclipse 3.02 on WinXP to evaluate it over my previous IDE, Netbeans. Twice now I've run into a severe performance issue where I attempt to build my java project and the CPU utilization climbs up to 99% and renders my system useless at which point I painfully kill the javaw.exe task via the task manager. Yesterday, after much frustration I discovered that if I manually removed all the .class files from my project and re-run eclipse it was happy. However this morning I'm seeing the same issue and this solution does not solve it. I've rebooted my system, etc and just can't figure out what eclipse is getting stuck on. The build process starts off normally, and after a few seconds of 'Building Workspa   More>>

I've just recently installed Eclipse 3.02 on WinXP to evaluate it over my previous IDE, Netbeans.

Twice now I've run into a severe performance issue where I attempt to build my java project and the CPU utilization climbs up to 99% and renders my system useless at which point I painfully kill the javaw.exe task via the task manager.

Yesterday, after much frustration I discovered that if I manually removed all the .class files from my project and re-run eclipse it was happy. However this morning I'm seeing the same issue and this solution does not solve it. I've rebooted my system, etc and just can't figure out what eclipse is getting stuck on.

The build process starts off normally, and after a few seconds of 'Building Workspace...' it gets to 30% complete, then exponentially gets slower at which time the task manager shows the javaw.exe process taking 99% of the cpu (I have no other java processes running). I've let it sit for 10 minutes before, prior to killing java via the task manager.

I'm unable to find any such FAQ on the net.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I send eclipse to the bit-bucket and go back to Netbeans.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact