dcsimg
Lucene: how many Documents I could add?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Daniel_Grigoras
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 26, 2005 03:52 PM

Hello , I am using Lucene toolkit for a project where is involved a database system, Oracle. I received some strange behaviors from Lucene and I would like to ask if there is a limit of the number of Document(s). In my code I run a Select statement and the result (the record set) is parsed and for each record I add a new Document in the index. If I run the code for the all records (over 100000 records) the indexing process is restarted and in my log I received this message: MESSAGE: Could not find file "c:Lucene1StoredIndexPerson\_v7q.fnm". Or MESSAGE: Could not find file "c:Lucene1StoredIndexPerson\_xj2.fnm". Or    More>>

Hello ,

I am using Lucene toolkit for a project where is involved a database system, Oracle.
I received some strange behaviors from Lucene and I would like to ask if there is a limit of the number of Document(s).

In my code I run a Select statement and the result (the record set) is parsed and for each record I add a new Document in the index.

If I run the code for the all records (over 100000 records) the indexing process is restarted and in my log I received this message:

MESSAGE: Could not find file "c:Lucene1StoredIndexPerson\_v7q.fnm".
Or

MESSAGE: Could not find file "c:Lucene1StoredIndexPerson\_xj2.fnm".
Or

MESSAGE: Could not find file "c:Lucene1StoredIndexPerson\_4gr.fnm".

Today I've decreased the number of records, first I tested with 200 it was OK, with 20000 was OK too.
For 65000 records I received the same exception …

MESSAGE: Could not find file "c:Lucene1StoredIndexPerson\_rip.fnm".

I want to ask you about this aspect and how I could avoid this.

Many thanks for any hint,
DanielG

<<Less

Re: Lucene: how many Documents I could add?

Posted By:   Richard_Krenek  
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 26, 2005 03:56 PM

The number of documents is not the problem. So far the biggest index I have done is 30 million documents with plans to go much higher. It might be helpful if you posted some code snippets so we can try to see what is happening.
About | Sitemap | Contact