Problem with ANT_HOME
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ali_Atli
Posted On:   Sunday, April 3, 2005 08:15 AM

I am trying to generate reports through my java program, so I have downloaded Jasper reports 0.6.5 as has been suggested in many of the postings on this forum. The documentation for Jasper reports states that I needed Apache-ant in order to compile the projects or run the samples. So I downloaded the Apache-ant-1.6.2. i've been trying to run ant throught the command line but I get the following error message: ANT_HOME is ser incorrectly or ant could not be located. I have set ANT_HOME to the location where i unzipped the apache-ant-1.6.2 zip file(c:ant) I have also set the classpath to %ANT_HOME%BIN and added %ANT_HOME% in to the path variable. Can someone pleas   More>>

I am trying to generate reports through my java program, so I have downloaded Jasper reports 0.6.5 as has been suggested in many of the postings on this forum. The documentation for Jasper reports states that I needed Apache-ant in order to compile the projects or run the samples. So I downloaded the Apache-ant-1.6.2.

i've been trying to run ant throught the command line but I get the following error message:

ANT_HOME is ser incorrectly or ant could not be located.

I have set ANT_HOME to the location where i unzipped the apache-ant-1.6.2 zip file(c:ant)

I have also set the classpath to %ANT_HOME%BIN and added %ANT_HOME% in to the path variable.

Can someone please tell me what the problem might be and how I could fix it.

Any help would be appreciated :)

<<Less

Re: Problem with ANT_HOME

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Sunday, April 3, 2005 11:30 AM

Verify ANT_HOME by calling env from your command prompt. It should show something like:
ANT_HOME=d:javaworklibapache-ant-1.6.1

If it doesn't show up at all, open a new command window and try again. Sometimes changes made to the system and user variables are not seen if the command shell was started before the change was made (ask Bill).

Once this set correctly you should be able to invoke ant from anywhere. If a build.xml file does not exist in the directly where you issue the command, you'll get an error message from ant, but then you'll know ant is working.

If this still doesn't work, check that you don't have a missing ; or path separator somewhere in your definition of the ANT_HOME environment variable.
About | Sitemap | Contact