Using code inserts in syntactic predicates
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mike_Gadsdon
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 15, 2005 09:39 AM

I'm trying to use syntactic predicates in conjuction with testing token text to resolve parsing ambiguity. Problem is that the code inserts I use end up surrounded by a condition on inputState.guessing==0, which means that my token text code only runs when the rule is NOT being run as a syntactic predicate, but I need it to run always. Is there any way I can insert code such that it runs independent of the guessing state? I did think I could workaround by resetting inputState.guessing to zero by a code insert in the syntactic predicate call and then setting back to its correct value after making my checks, but this code insert is also conditional on inputState.guessing = 0 ! any other ideas ?    More>>

I'm trying to use syntactic predicates in conjuction with testing token text to resolve parsing ambiguity. Problem is that the code inserts I use end up surrounded by a condition on inputState.guessing==0, which means that my token text code only runs when the rule is NOT being run as a syntactic predicate, but I need it to run always.

Is there any way I can insert code such that it runs independent of the guessing state?

I did think I could workaround by resetting inputState.guessing to zero by a code insert in the syntactic predicate call and then setting back to its correct value after making my checks, but this code insert is also conditional on inputState.guessing = 0 !

any other ideas ?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact