dcsimg
tnameserv for java not sending back the correct IP for my object.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ankur_Saxena
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 9, 2005 05:56 PM

I have a tnameserv running on a linux box with 3 IP interface cards consifured to differen IP addresses.

Now I have a server which connects to the tnameserv and waits for elements to connect to it, when I run an element written in C# on a windows box I see that the IP address sent back in the name resolution is 127.0.0.1? why is that? Because of this , the client is not able to connect to the server. Is there any way I can have the tnameserver show me logs or for me to specify the IP address to which it should bind?

Thanks

Re: tnameserv for java not sending back the correct IP for my object.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, March 14, 2005 08:53 AM

I have a tnameserv running on a linux box with 3 IP interface cards consifured to differen IP addresses.

First, you are using the old naming service, tnameserv is the transient naming service, if possible you should use the current naming service, ORBD.

[snip]
for me to specify the IP address to which it should bind

You should be able to specify this for both the server and client in various ways, i.e. command line args, registry settings, config/properties file, or directly in the code. Here are some Java examples from the linked page above:

Example using command line args for server/client app

java HelloApplication -ORBInitialPort 1050 -ORBInitialHost MyHost

Example using code

Properties props = new Properties();

props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort", "1050");

props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost", "MyHost");

ORB orb = ORB.init(args, props);

About | Sitemap | Contact