Axis throwing IllegalArguementException
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, January 27, 2005 11:14 PM

Hi I am in the testing stage of a webservice.I am facing the following issue. The portion of the soap request which creates the problem follow .... .... ..... ....... ..... ..... when i send the soap request i am getting an illegal argument exception.The stack trace is as follows < {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccesso   More>>

Hi
I am in the testing stage of a webservice.I am facing the following issue.
The portion of the soap request which creates the problem follow

when i send the soap request i am getting an illegal argument exception.The stack trace is as follows

<

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at org.apache.axis.utils.BeanPropertyDescriptor.set(BeanPropertyDescriptor.java:156)

Here i have observerd that if the id attribute of a parent and child elements are same , the exception is thrown.
We are using the id attribute in the business and there is a possibility to have same values for a parent and child
element ids.

Here in my case the excption is thrown when the axis tries to set a "relatedPartyRef" object to a "party" object.

Is the axis serializer/deserializer components uses this id attribute to map the elemets to the java objects ?

Should the id attribute of an xml element unique in the document?

Pls clarify

its very urgent ...
Thanks in advance

prem    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact