dcsimg
Applet locally fine but not on-line ... but only on certain computers
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Andy_Hornsby
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 18, 2005 05:39 AM

Not sure this is a Java thing, but I'm going nuts. Two machines, both running XP, one does show a rotating banner at the foot of my page and a couple of pop-ups, one doesn't. On closer inspection of the code, on the non-functioning one, the tag is missing, even though the tag remains. The source code is intact on the web server. I'm running a couple of Macs too (OS/OSX), and run a range of browsers (Safari/IExplore/Netscape): it only seems to be affecting one XP machine and regardless of the browser (IExplore, Netscape/Opera) I don't think it is java being disabled in the classic sense, but something selectively removing the string and some code - and then only when the code is being delivered from the web, not fr   More>>

Not sure this is a Java thing, but I'm going nuts. Two machines, both running XP, one does show a rotating banner at the foot of my page and a couple of pop-ups, one doesn't. On closer inspection of the code, on the non-functioning one, the tag is missing, even though the tag remains. The source code is intact on the web server.

I'm running a couple of Macs too (OS/OSX), and run a range of browsers (Safari/IExplore/Netscape): it only seems to be affecting one XP machine and regardless of the browser (IExplore, Netscape/Opera)

I don't think it is java being disabled in the classic sense, but something selectively removing the string and some code - and then only when the code is being delivered from the web, not from a locally held copy of the site.

Any ideas?    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact